Sunday, November 19, 2006

Have I Got A Girl For You

Found at Tim Blair:

San Francisco designer Rachel Pearson, 33, owns a successful line of children’s clothing made of organic cotton that also meets international fair-trade rules. For herself she favors clothing from thrift stores—“Not buying new,” she says, “eases the toll on the earth.” A vegetarian, she recycles religiously [ed: of course] and loves to pamper herself with yoga and meditation.

There’s another arena in which Pearson upholds green values, and it can create a bit of an etiquette problem. “I won’t date a guy who doesn’t recycle,” she says. “He doesn’t have to wear nonleather shoes, but he has to get it.” And woe betide the guy who doesn’t.

For a while she was happily dating a film producer from Los Angeles who, she thought, was definitely on her eco-wavelength. But one morning they went out for breakfast, and Mr. Right ordered an all-meat meal and doused his coffee with several packets of Equal. “I was dumbstruck,” says Pearson. “I think I ate my entire meal in silence. Pork plus NutraSweet? That was definitely our last date.”

I thought he was the perfect man, Mr. Right, my soulmate… until (sob) he tore open an Equal!

Give me a gun-totin’, meat-eatin’ mama any day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Give me a gun-totin’, meat-eatin’ mama any day."

Haha. That one made me smile. I'm so proud of my gun-totin’, meat-eatin’ mama! If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

;-)

/happily married.

EdMcGon said...

Myrhaf,
Even better: Marry a woman who can cook, and cooks well. I did, and I will die a happy (and fat) man. ;)

Anonymous said...

Best of all, when you get all three, then she can shoot it, and cook it, and eat it with you!

Myrhaf said...

I guess I'd better not look for a wife in San Francisco.

EdMcGon said...

*refrains from making the obligatory San Francisco homosexual joke*