Monday, February 20, 2006

Last Post

I got cast. I’m playing Verges in Much Ado About Nothing and Angelo in A Comedy of Errors. Verges is a moron and Angelo is a goldsmith, two good comedic parts.

In my day job I’ve taken on more work. More work and acting are a huge time commitment. I’ve decided to shut down this blog. It was not an easy decision; I had some good posts planned. For the next week or so I will have to force myself to stay away from this blog, otherwise I’ll fall back into the habit and make a liar of myself.

I’ve learned a lot since I began blogging on November 19, 2005. I didn’t realize when I began that I would learn this much by forcing myself to organize my thoughts and write. I thank Blogger for letting me do this for free.

The only problem with blogging is that I found it was taking over my creative life. Every day I felt pressure to “feed the monster” as Vodkapundit puts it. My subconscious was looking for things to blog. Ayn Rand noted in one of her books on writing that her subconscious shut down when she had an appointment that day. A blog is a neverending appointment. I was not getting any playwriting done.

I want to thank everyone who took a few minutes to read Myrhaf every day. I’m sorry for those of you who put me on your blogroll and now you have to take me off. I’ll still be reading your blogs.

This will sound corny but I want to thank anyone reading this who is now or has been in the military service. The men and women in the armed forces are fighting for my freedom to do the things I do, such as act. Our enemy, militant Islam, is a hideous ideology that hates everything good in this world and worships death. It must be destroyed. If our politicians had one tenth of the integrity and rationality of the men and women in the military, then I would feel more secure about our future.

11 comments:

Jennifer Snow said...

Awww.

Well, have fun with your other work!

SN said...

I'm hoping you mean "last regular post and that you'll be back sometime, even if occasionally.

Meanwhile, break a leg!

EdMcGon said...

I'll miss you Myrhaf!

Enjoy your acting. I don't know if I'd want to do two roles at once, but more power to you.

Michael Neibel said...

I will miss your posts. But best of luck with your future.
Michael Neibel

Gus Van Horn said...

Myrhaf,

Best of luck, and know that I'll really miss your blog.

You have written some really good stuff. Please consider at least allowing what you have posted to remain on the web, if not also to have the blog around to vent occasionally.

Gus

Myrhaf said...

Thank you, all. I'll try to leave comments on your blogs ever now and then, just to let you know I'm still reading. I won't delete this blog soon. If I come up with new poems, maybe I'll post them at Forum 4 Ayn Rand Fans, as Brian does with his excellent poetry.

Amit Ghate said...

Congratulations on being cast and best of luck to you Myrhaf.

Myrhaf said...

Thanks to you both.

LOG ME IN said...

I'm sorry that you won't be blogging, but everyone needs to know when to stop. :-) And congratulations on the two acting roles!

Also, I second the request to not delete your blog. Please let it grow old gracefully, rather than killing it off!

Myrhaf said...

Thanks, Diana. I'll continue reading your blog with interest.

Myrhaf said...

Thanks, Ergo Sum. I've stopped checking this blog every day, so I was surprised to see another comment.