1. For all the talk of Obama being a "naif," he seems to understand power well enough:
Barack Obama’s move to merge key elements of the Democratic National Committee into his own campaign’s Chicago headquarters appears aimed at the goal of a centralized and united Democratic Party.
The shift of the DNC’s political and field organizing operations to Chicago will consolidate the Democratic presidential campaign apparatus more than in either of the last two cycles, when staffers at DNC headquarters overlapped – and occasionally competed – with aides to Al Gore and John Kerry.
The Clinton gang is dead. It's my party now, see?
I can't help thinking another famous Chicagoan from the Prohibition Era would have approved.
2. The most morally abhorrent film ever made. His argument sounds right to me.
3. Yaron Brook writes about the trend of increasing statism around the world. This is a brilliant article. Brook is particularly good at concretizing how the morality of altruism leads to statism. You don't want to miss this one.
4. Leonard Peikoff's June 9 podcast addresses treason, torture, declaring war and military people as "public servants," among other things. His June 17 podcast addresses military as a career, what Ayn Rand meant by "man as a heroic being," the "afterlife" and immigration, among other things.
5. Obama as Star Wars crawl. You can make one yourself.