Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm Sittin' In My Underwear

Here is a comedy song I wrote. I should note -- because whenever I joke on the internet, someone somewhere thinks I'm serious -- that this song is satire. It is not autobiographical. I do not condone the following practices.
I'm sittin' in my underwear passin' gas.
I'm sittin' in my underwear passin' gas.
If I get ambitious,
I might scratch my ass.

I'm sittin' in my underwear drinkin' beers.
I'm sittin' in my underwear drinkin' beers.
My wife's out shoppin'
With a coupla queers.

I tell you, man, I got it rough,
9 hours sleep is just enough.
I gotta walk 10 feet from the
TV to the fridge.

I'm sittin' in my underwear smokin' dope.
I'm sittin' in my underwear smokin' dope.
Is it time to... (patter) get a job, lose weight, grow up, take responsibility for my existence, face reality, get ambition, go somewhere, put in some effort, come to terms with my shortcomings, change my life and end my disfunctionally extended adolescence?

Nope.

3 comments:

EdMcGon said...

Except for the dope, that sounds like my typical weekend. ;)

Thomas Rowland said...

Song reminds me of "Parchman (?) Farm" a song I have on record by Mose Allison. Do you know it?

In any case, I really enjoy this kind of thing and have the same concern that I will receive death threats if I blog my own stuff like it.

Myrhaf said...

No, I don't know that song. A syndicated morning show, the Bob and Tom Show, plays a lot of parody songs. They're funniest when they don't pull their punches and are sung with a straight face.