Did the Raiders make the playoffs?
(That's how little I follow football these days.)
1. Gold is set to smash its all-time high. Or, looking at it from another point of view, is the dollar about to sink to an all-time low?
2. If these Democrats represent the norm, then Hillary Clinton has big problems. The Democrats I chat with out here in California are much more pro-Hillary; they see Obama as a lightweight with no experience.
3. "The Capitalist Marches to War," a short poem by a 17-year old British blogger, shows that kids (in England, at least) are still learning Marxist ideas, although now they're cloaked in environmentalism.
4. Hard to take: Milblogger Andrew Olmsted was killed in Iraq. He asks that his death not be used to make a political point. This blogger will honor his request. Another hero gone.
(HT: House of Eratosthenes)
5. A fascinating look at the Clinton psychodrama.
6. I get one clear impression when I read Democrats these days: unlike the Republicans, there is no confusion about what their party stands for. It stands for three things -- government, government and more government. That and a deep, almost hysterical fear and loathing of Republicans. One of the interesting subplots to watch in 2008 will be how Democrat unity and the Republican crack-up affect the election.