Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Bleeping Pacific Northwest

In my day job I've been working on Portland, Oregon radio stations. The only thing I can't stand about the Pacific Northwest is the effete liberal mindset that prevails there.

I heard a news reporter say that the Iranians objected to "300" because it makes their ancestors look like "bloodthirsty savages." The DJ replied, in essence, "Hey, the Greeks were bloodthirsty savages, too. They all were back then."

That is liberalism in a nutshell -- multiculturalism and moral relativism. Not a twinge of anger at the Iranians, not a trace of spine, just immediate collapse. The DJ could not fall to his knees fast enough to grovel to Iran.

My response would have been: "Today's Iranians are the bloodthirsty savages. It is an insult to the Persians to mention them in the same breath with the Islamic totalitarians. The Persians came before western philosophy, before the Roman Republic, before the Renaissance, the Enlightenment, John Locke, the Declaration of Independence, the Industrial Revolution, capitalism, and every other achievement of the last 2,500 years. The Persians had an excuse for being mystics and despots. The Islamic Fundamentalists of today have no excuse; their depravity is far more wretched and unforgivable."

I think I would last as a Portland DJ about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

SecFox HQ said...

If I owned a radio station, I'd hire you.