1. The Pudu, the world's smallest deer, is hunted by the Kodkod, the world's smallest cat. It's hard to believe, but that web site says the Kodkod is smaller than a domestic cat. The Kodkod is so rare Wikipedia doesn't even show a picture of one.
2. Books by and about politicians:
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream by Barack Obama
A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Martin Luther King and James M. Washington
God Has a Dream: A Vision of Hope for Our Time by Desmond Tutu
Hope in Troubled Times: A New Vision for Confronting Global Crises by Bob Goudzwaard, Mark Vander Vennen, David Van Heemst, and Desmond Tutu
Ripples of Hope: Great American Civil Rights Speeches by Bill Clinton, Mary Frances Berry, and Josh Gottheimer
I thought there was one called "The Man From Hope" by Clinton, but I couldn't find it.
Hope is the perfect word for welfare state politicians because it expresses their aspirations, not their accomplishments. Hope is about their good intentions, their altruism -- and to a liberal that is enough to justify destroying liberty and putting the entire population in chains. Maybe someday we'll get an honest book from a politician titled Using the Word Hope to Destroy All Hope.
3. The Weatherman vs. the Cockroach. Damn, is this funny.
4. The October Rebellion. As Michelle Malkin notes,
If just one city targeted by these criminal punks would crack down hard instead of slapping them on the collective wrist, the property damage and assaults would stop.
I hate to sound like your Uncle From Hell, but the cops need to hit these anarchists with their clubs and make them bleed. People who disrupt the peace with planned violence need to be scared shitless that their nose will be broken and they will spend much time in jail. It's as simple as that.
5. From Hillary Clinton:
"I have a million ideas. The country can't afford them all."
You know what's really weird? I have a million ideas too -- and the country can afford every last one of them! All my ideas involve dismantling the mixed economy/welfare state, cutting spending, cutting taxes and allowing money to be spent by those who earn it.
Hillary Clinton's million ideas would turn America into a fascist tyranny; my million ideas would turn America into a laissez-faire capitalist free country. I will never be President; Hillary Clinton probably will be.
6. Speaking of Hillary Clinton, she is involved in yet another scandal. The MSM, who gave up trying to be objective, are not focusing all their spotlights on this one as they would if Senator Clinton were a Republican. So it goes.
I think the Clintons' scandals are of some importance because they reveal their thinking, but Hillary Clinton's "million ideas" are far more scandalous to me than her bending fundraising laws that are dubious in the first place.