Saturday, February 18, 2006

Scene Inspired By My Last Visit to Starbucks

EXT. STARBUCKS DRIVE-THROUGH – NIGHT

Joe is at the speaker in his Buick.

JOE
Yeah, I’d like a large vanilla latte.

CLERK (Voice-Over)
Do you mean a venti?

JOE
No, I mean a large.

CLERK (VO)
Large is venti.

JOE
I want a large.

CLERK (VO)
We don’t have large. We have venti.

JOE
Listen. Take your biggest cup and fill it with a vanilla latte.

CLERK (VO)
You want a venti.

JOE
No, I want a large.

CLERK (VO)
You have to say venti.

JOE
I don’t want to say venti.

CLERK (VO)
Why not?

JOE
Because it’s a stupid word, all right? I want one vanilla latte. Large.

CLERK (VO)
A venti vanilla latte.

JOE
Large!

CLERK (VO)
VENTI!

JOE
LARGE!

CLERK (VO)
VENTIIIIIIII!!!

JOE
Venti this, asshole.

Joe shoots the speaker with a .45.

UPDATE: Took out some, but not all of the profanity.

4 comments:

Jennifer Snow said...

That's what you get for drinking coffee. I mean, seriously, the people that work there have to be the most buzzed, irritable, shaky people on the planet. You must humor them or they will deprive you of caffiene.

Myrhaf said...

Gee, you just don't generally sound like a java junkie, Jennifer. (How's that for alliteration?)

Jennifer Snow said...

Heh. I could never stomach the stuff.

EdMcGon said...

Starbucks is NOT one of my favorite places to buy coffee. It's overpriced for unexceptional coffee.